RULES & REGULATIONS
OFFICIAL UNITED STATES AND CANADIAN "WHERE WILL YOUR SMOOTHIE TAKE YOU?" PHOTO CONTEST RULES 2010
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Entry into this Contest constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules.
Sponsor is Sequel Naturals Ltd., 33-1833 Coast Meridian Rd., Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 6G5 ("Sponsor" or "Sequel").
CONTEST ENTRY DATES
The "Where Will Your Smoothie Take You?" Photo Contest ("Contest") begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on June 1, 2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on July 31, 2010 ("Contest Entry Period"). The voting portion of the contest begins immediately following the posting of the first Entry and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on August 15, 2010 (the "Voting Period").
Contest is open to: (i) legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (except the province of Quebec); (ii) age 18 or older at time of entry. Employees of Sequel Naturals Ltd. and their immediate families (meaning spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside or those living in the same households, whether or not related) ("Sponsor"), ambassadors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, "Contest Parties") or any developer and/or manufacturer of application software to manage business solutions are not eligible to enter or win. Contest is governed by British Columbia and Canadian law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Contest is void where prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER
During the Contest Entry Period, visit www.wherewillyoursmoothietakeyou.com (referred herein as "Website"), and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the entry process and upload your photo ("Entry"), including using the tool to post to other approved sites or embed tools to spread your entry across the Internet. All Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on July 31, 2010. For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an Entry occurs when Sponsor's servers record the Entry information resulting from you clicking the "Submit" button. Any automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of email) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor for purposes of these Official Rules. Sponsor does not guarantee the posting of any Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify or remove any Entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion.
To enter by voting, submit your vote (“Vote”) on the Website by following the onscreen instructions to complete the voting process. One Vote per photo is permitted within a 24-hour period. All Votes must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on August 15, 2010. Votes are eligible for weekly Voting Prizes (see Prizing for description) during the eleven-week Voting Period for the Contest. The eleven component voting periods run for seven days each starting 12:01 a.m. PT on June 1, 2010 and following in increments of seven days until the completion of the Voting Period for the contest on August 15, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
The objective of this Contest is to upload an image ("Photo") demonstrating where your smoothie-powered lifestyle can take you either from a location or achievement perspective. You must visibly incorporate a Vega Shake & Go Smoothie pouch in your photo. Photos must be in jpg format. Photos can be no larger than 1 MB limit. Limit ten (10) photo Entries per person/user during the Contest Entry Period. Photo, once selected, will then be posted to the Website for the public to vote. The Entry with the most Votes is eligible for the Prizes listed below.
Thirty three (33) prizes will be awarded in descending order for the Entry with the most Votes. Winners will be selected on or about September 1, 2010 at the offices of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified by email and/or telephone. If selected as a winner, the potential winners will be required to execute the following to obtain the Prize: (1) An affidavit (or in the case of Canadian residents, a declaration) of eligibility and liability release; (2) Warranty of ownership and license; (3) publicity release; and (4) Any other affidavits, declarations, and/or releases or additional documents that may be required by the Sponsor and/or prize supplier(s). Unless prohibited by law, the potential winner must sign these documents no later than 15 days from the date of receipt of prize notification in order for sponsor to award the prize. Noncompliance or return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and, at sponsor’s discretion, selection of an alternate winner. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received and the skill of the entrant in satisfying the criteria set out below.
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected. The grand prize consists of a trip for two people as follows: 10-day Galapagos in Depth valued at US$9,470 supplied by Peregrine Adventures. Includes: Round trip Quito-Galapagos economy flights; Accommodation: 7 nights cruise, 2 nights comfortable hotel; Meals: 9 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners; An experienced English-speaking naturalist; Arrival transfer; Cruise transfers; transport on tour; seven-night cruise and activities.
Round trip international flights from a major Canadian gateway airport to Quito, Ecuador, supplied by Trek Escapes. Round trip airfare from a major United States gateway airport to Quito will be provided by Adventure Center. If winner does not live near major US or Canadian Gateway, winner will be responsible for transporting themselves to closest major Canadian or US gateway airport from their home. Maximum value of airfare between US/Canadian gateway airport and Quito not to exceed US$1,500 per person (US$3,000 total value). Winner will be responsible for airfare costs from US/Canadian gateway airport to Quito above US$1,500 per person as well as any costs to transport themselves to a US gateway airport.
Trip must be taken by 31 March 2011.
Estimated prize value may fluctuate slightly due to time of the year the trip is taken in relation to high and low season. The value of this prize, itinerary and inclusions are correct at time of printing and subject to change. Any change to the prize between the publishing date and the date prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the promoter/s. All prize values are in United States dollars.
Trip is subject to availability at time of reservation. The winner must contact Trek Escapes/Adventure Center at least 56 days prior to the departure date chosen.
Trip is provided on a twin share basis. Winner and guest must travel together.
If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian. Age restrictions apply to travel. The decision for any person less than 18 years of age to travel is at the absolute discretion of the management of Peregrine Adventures. Any minor guest must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian on the trip.
Winner must take the prizes as offered. This prize is non-transferable, nonrefundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Additional expenses, including airport departure taxes, international departure transfer, visas where required, meals not included in the itinerary, insurance, laundry, any optional tours or activities during free time, tips, items of a personal nature, US$100 per person entrance fee to the Galapagos Islands National Park and US$10 Galapagos transit card (both payable in cash at Baltra airport), are not included in the prize and are at the winner’s expense.
The prize and the booking of the prize are subject to the standard booking terms and conditions of Peregrine Adventures and Trek Escapes/Adventure Center. Winner must hold a valid passport and must obtain the necessary visas (if needed) prior to travel, both of which are at the winner’s expense.
The winner will be issued a travel voucher and instructions about how to redeem the prize.
Other Conditions: Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest or any portion thereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason:
- infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsors’ sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest,
- the Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of Contest Entries in accordance with these Official Rules, or
- the Contest is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors and each of their parent, subsidiary companies, affiliates, divisions, franchisees, representatives, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers, distributors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their officers, directors, employees, shareholders and agents, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or Contest Entry into the Contest or acceptance, delivery or use of the Grand Prize and/or a Runner Up Prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate Contest Entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing of the promotion materials or the offering or announcement of the prizes, (ii) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (iii) failure of any Contest Entry to be received by Sponsors due to technical problems, telephone service problems, printing errors, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iv) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest, (vi) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or Contest Entry information, or (vii) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). By entering, Entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules.
Any Entrant who attempts to tamper with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online Contest Entry, the Contest Entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (as defined below) of the email address submitted at the time of Contest Entry. For the purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
Arbitration/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American/Canadian Arbitration Association then effective, and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by Entrant with regard to this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees, punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages. All issues and question concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the local laws, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of US or Canadian jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
Grand Prize Sponsors: Peregrine Adventures, Trek Escapes, Adventure Center
Ten (10) secondary winners will receive a Blendtec blender and four pouches of Vega Shake & Go Smoothie. The approximate retail value of each secondary prize is CDN $690.
Five (5) finalist winners will receive a one-year supply of Vega Shake & Go Smoothie. The approximate retail value of each prize is CDN $720.
Five (5) finalist winners will receive a six-month supply of Vega Shake & Go Smoothie. The approximate retail value of each prize is CDN $360.
Twelve (12) finalist winners will receive a Vega prize bundle include four pouches of Vega Shake & Go Smoothie and one Greenware by Vega t-shirt. The approximate retail value of each prize is CDN $150.
At the end of each week of the Voting Period, three weekly winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible Votes submitted. Thirty-three (33) voting winners will be awarded in total, each receiving four pouches of Vega Shake & Go Smoothie. The approximate retail value of each prize is CDN $96.
Entries that do not meet the following "Content Guidelines" are subject to disqualification from Contest consideration and/or removal, in the Sponsor's sole discretion:
- Entries must comply with and meet the specifications or requirements called for in the Official Rules.
- Entries must be the original work of the contestant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the contestant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the contestant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules (including, without limitation, releases signed by a parent or legal guardian for anyone featured who is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence) (collectively, the "Clearances"). By submitting an Entry, contestant warrants and represents that he or she has all rights to the Entry, and any person(s) appearing or identifiable in the Entry consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest.
- Entries must not include material that (i) are sexually explicit, indecent, obscene, unnecessarily violent, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, (ii) is derogatory, designed to harass or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, (iii) invades the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased, or the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, (iv) is unlawful, (v) is disparaging to any of the Contest Parties or is inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill such parties have worked hard to create and wish to associate with their companies.
Contestants grant the Sponsor the right to post Entries on its website and are available to be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet. The Contest Parties shall have no liability for the use or misuse of your Entries by third parties. All Entries may remain on such website in perpetuity or for as long as Sponsor deems appropriate to archive.
Contestants hereby irrevocably grant to Sponsor a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, royalty-free, fully-paid license and right to use, publish, distribute, make derivative works from and otherwise exploit the Entry, in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Contestants agree that the Contest Parties shall have sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of Entries and are not obligated to use any Entry.
Contestant has the responsibility to review and understand his/her employer's policies and applicable laws regarding contestant's eligibility to participate in and/or accept any prize in this Contest. If an individual is participating and is in violation of such laws or his/her employer's policies, the individual may be disqualified from this Contest. Sponsor disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes related to this matter.
This Contest is subject to federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations. Certain restrictions may apply. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, or postage-due mail. Entries void if the Sponsor determines the entry to not be an original, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By participating, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sequel Naturals, Trek Escapes, and their partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages ( including but not limited to indirect and consequential damages) arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by December 31, 2010 to: Where Will Your Smoothie Take You? Contest Winners List, c/o Sequel Naturals, 33-1833 Coast Meridian Raod, Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 6G5, Canada.
SUSPENSION / MODIFICATION / TERMINATION
In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within its control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest without notice or by posting a notice on website, in its sole and absolute discretion, if it is determined that the Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or any Force Majeure event(s) has destroyed or severely undermined or impaired the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest.
SHORT FORM RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
To obtain Official Rules, go to www.wherewillyoursmoothietakeyou.com. Open to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) and Canada (excluding Quebec). Employees of Sponsor, Sequel Naturals, Trek Escapes and Blendtec and related parties are ineligible. Entries must be posted by July 31, 2010. Limit ten entries per person. To enter, take a photograph of you and a package of Vega Shake & Go Smoothie in an unconventional place or performing an unconventional feat. Entry must comply with Entry Requirements described in Official Rules. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will win an adventure tour from Trek Escapes or Adventure Center. (ARV: $14,460 CDN). CONTEST IS VOID IN PUERTO RICO, QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received and skill of entrant.